Andrew Young Emerging Leaders Registration
Leadership is an essential component of sustaining communities and improving the quality of life for cities, states, the nation and world. In this regard, The National Black College Alumni Hall of Fame Foundation, in partnership with the Andrew J. Young Foundation, launched the Andrew Young Emerging Leaders Institute.
The AYE Leaders Institute was created to:
Assist students at Historically Black Colleges and Universities in developing and/or honing their leadership skills with emphasis on understanding some of the entrepreneurial, social, technological, economic, environmental and political trends and events that are likely to occur over the next 20 years and the impact that these trends and events may have on their livelihood. This institute recruits students through the Legacy Lecture Series presented on various HBCU campuses across the US. The institute connects these student leaders with individuals, employers, and mentors who emphasize some of the tools and resources that are needed to succeed as an entrepreneur and advance in life.
The AYE Leaders Institute will ultimately:
- Prepare students to be leaders and change agents for the world community
- Offer exposure to influential leaders in the public and private sectors of their community
- Cultivate a cadre of new generation of leaders who appreciate their own values and the views of others around them
- Grant students an opportunity to develop and apply leadership skills, exposing them to a series of noted leaders and hands-on experiences while discovering and/or honing their own talents for serving their communities and leading others.
The AYE Leaders Institute requires its participants to:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Currently be enrolled in an accredited HBCU where a Legacy Lecture Series was presented
- Be a student in good standing at your school, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Be able to participate in a four-day Program that will take place in Atlanta, Georgia
- Be present for all Sessions during the length of the program year in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Eligibility: Any HBCU student who is enrolled in the accredited HBCU, of sophomore or junior status for the 2015-2016 academic year and currently has at least a 2.5 Cumulative GPA is eligible to apply.